Join us on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. Expect this:
- All are warmly welcomed!
- We are an affirming and inclusive community!
- You will find young and old, married and single, and children!
- You will discover a place and a people who care about your whole family, from the very youngest member to the very oldest.
- Feel free to wear what is comfortable for you.
- All baptized Christians are welcome to receive Communion.
- You can expect an inspiring worship service that includes readings from the Scriptures, prayer, and a thought stimulating homily. Our 10:30 a.m. service also includes music.
Episcopalians are thinking Christians who engage questions of faith with both seriousness and great joy. As such, we are a sacramental and worship-oriented church that promotes thoughtful debate about what God is calling us to do and be, as followers of Christ. Because of this, many individuals and families from a variety of backgrounds find a home in the Episcopal Church, one that honors their faith traditions and encourages spiritual growth.
In worship, we are united, acknowledging the holiness of God, to hear God’s Word, to offer prayer and to celebrate God’s presence among us. All are welcome to participate in our worship services. It is in worship that we live out our life as a Christian family. Our services follow an order found in our worship book called the Book of Common Prayer, two-thirds of which is scriptural. The Book of Common Prayer allows everyone to participate, reminding us that each person is an important part of the worship experience. Every worship service includes the reading of Holy Scripture from the Old and New Testaments.
At Good Shepherd, Family Matters. We care about your whole family, from our very youngest parishioners and visitors, to our seniors. Every individual will be loved and welcomed here.
- A baby/toddler Nursery is currently provided. A preschool service is offered in the Sunday School/Laura Building. Children are also welcome in the main services.
- EYC is for all youth 6th grade through High School. Our program is designed to promote Spiritual Formation for Young People.
- Adult Christian Formation is held before the 10:30 AM Sunday services in Sterling Hall.